STMicroelectronics Presents Webinar: Jump-start your next IoT design with the SensorTile
22 Feb 2017 - 22 Feb 2017
This 1-hour webinar will show you how to simplify the integration of sensors, low-energy Bluetooth Smart connectivity, a low-power microcontroller and sensor fusion libraries into your next IoT design using the SensorTile development kit (STEVAL-STLKT01V1).
The tiny SensorTile is a 13.5 x 13.5 mm turnkey sensor board, containing a low power, high-performance inertial module (accelerometer + gyroscope), a state-of-the-art compass module (magnetometer + accelerometer), a moisture and dust resistant pressure sensor, a Digital MEMS microphone and the BlueNRG-MS Bluetooth Smart network processor. With the on-board low-power STM32L4 microcontroller, it can be used as a sensing and connectivity hub for developing products such as wearables, gaming accessories, and smart-home or Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.
You will learn:
- How to quickly develop a Bluetooth Smart sensor node prototype with the SensorTile development kit and the comprehensive STM32 Open Development Environment.
- How to create a Bluetooth Smart sensor datalogger using the SensorTile board and its companion BlueMS mobile app for smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS)
- How to easily integrate sensor fusion and context awareness algorithms into your sensor node design using our Open Software Expansion development suite
- How to upgrade firmware over the air (OTA) using Bluetooth Smart and a mobile app
- How to add automatic speech recognition (ASR) to your application using the SensorTile and cloud-based ASR services
Application engineers will be available to answer your questions directly online.
SensorTile development kit
The SensorTile kit (STEVAL-STLKT01V1) is available now from distributors or can be purchased directly from st.com, priced at $89.00.
Main features of SensorTile core system:
- LSM6DSM 3D accelerometer + 3D gyroscope
- LSM303AGR 3D magnetometer + 3D accelerometer
- LPS22HB pressure sensor/barometer
- MP34DT04 digital MEMS microphone
- Ultra-low-power STM32L476 microcontroller based on a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 core
- BlueNRG-MS network processor with integrated 2.4 GHz RF transceiver
CLICK HERE to learn more on the SensorTile Kit.
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM (CST)
- Introduction to the SensorTile development kit
- Log your sensor data via Bluetooth Smart
- Explore sensor fusion and context awareness through ST’s Open Software Expansion development suite
- Learn how to implement automatic speech recognition using the on-board digital microphone and the BlueMS mobile app for smartphones and tablets (Android and iOS)
- Upgrade the SensorTile firmware over the air using the BlueMS mobile app
Date: Wednesday, February 22
Time: 12 noon CST
A Design Engineer’s Guide to Building the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
26 Jul 2016
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is having a significant impact on the engineering community, who must deal with all of the usual—plus some additional--hardware and software requirements, with connectivity added in.
Avnet Hardware Hacking Webinar Series with Joe Grand
19 Oct 2016
Three part series with everything you need to know to secure your IoT devices and data.